Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Summer Pictures

I thought I would splurge and post pictures of this past summer and the happenings in the garden. Enjoy!

French Breakfast Radishes - Yummy! Mild-flavor without the usual spicy bite of a radish. Definitely recommend for beginning gardeners! They just pop-up and are delicious on salads or as dipping veggies.

Amazing Arugula! Spicy but oh so velvety smooth! Great addition to salads, not so great cooked...(although others would disagree)

Somewhere in that picture you may see sorrel but it got overwhelmed by the arugula. Its doing considerably better since the weather has cooled. And it too is wonderful in salads


PEPPERS! They are freakishly HOT. I don't cook with them often, but we did try them in our homemade pickles. Normally, I just pick a whole basketful when they're all nice and red and then send them off to work with my mom who gives it to a cute Mexican woman who cooks amazing things with them!

More peppers! This are Japanese Shishito Peppers that are usually mild although you occasionally get a HOT one. I like to take a bunch and pan-fry them until they have brown spots on them - drizzle with soy sauce and oh so good!

Japanese Eggplants - may not grow them next year because my mom brings them home so often from work.





Kumkwat Tree! I came home and I was like WOW it got so much bigger! Then I found out it went rogue and the roots decided to break through the bottom of the pot. We may replant it to a permanent location soon!


My dog. Looking at the garden. Thinking of all the bad things she could do to ruin it.







So instead she hunts for lizards in the cinder blocks...a favorite hobby of hers.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay Kiki!